Position: JAVA Springboot Engineer
Employees who report: -
Report to: CTO
We are a Barcelona based startup aiming to build and manage a global network of urban micro fulfillment centers to offer eCommerce brands and their customers the best same-day delivery experience on earth.
Our vision and ambition are not only to delight our customers with our best-in-class technology and endless customization options, but also to offer our employees the job of their lives in a high-growth environment.
Your work – life opportunity
Reporting directly to the company CTO, you will be part of our amazing team of Full Stack wizards. We are looking for engineers who can wear many hats, abstract problems, and find creative solutions. We look for smart people who are curious, proactive and have good soft/communication skills.
Our stack is mainly Java for the backend and Angular for the frontend, but it is not mandatory to be proficient on those (most of the team came with other areas of expertise which is very enriching). We believe that someone who has good aptitudes and is hungry for learning is what works best.
Working at an early-stage startup like Kubbo means making a bigger impact and learning more. In terms of the day to day work, you will enjoy the freedom to tackle big technical challenges your own way, working alongside a group of experienced developers and joining in at a critical stage in the company's future success.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Participate in original creation and implementation of new functionality that helps us operate our services and delight our customers (both internal and external 😉).
- Deliver high quality, tested, maintainable and well-structured code, as well as supporting documentation.
- Continuously strive for operational excellence by seeking to automate away manual processes.
- Ensure that all systems are designed to be robust, scalable, maintainable, and adaptable as the service scales and evolves over time.
- Work in a fast-paced business driven agile environment.
Requirements and qualifications
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, with a minimum of 2 – 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working with agile methodologies and tools (SCRUM, Jira). Must be a clean coder and passionate about technology innovation.
- Strong proficiency with Java and Spring boot framework. Good understanding of front-end technologies such as Angular 2+.
- Deep knowledge on developing REST APIs.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL.
- Experience with Docker Containers and Microservices will be valued.
- Must have a problem-solving attitude, having excellent communication and organizational skills to ensure optimal quality and service coverage for Kubbo customers.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in timelines and sequences.
- Fluent written and verbal communication in Spanish is a must.
Perks and benefits
- We have an amazing coworking office near the city center. We have made our best efforts to put in place lots of important social distancing practices to ensure you are safe to meet with your colleagues in person.
- The office is well-equipped with coffee machine, meeting rooms, fresh fruit, and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late.
- Social interaction is really important to us, so we have several remote activities for you to join into such as team events, socials and after works, among others.
- There is a personal learning & development budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field, attend virtual conferences and events that you find interesting.
- We like to support our teams with their work life balance, so we offer flexible working hours.
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process for a Full Stack Engineer are the following 4 steps:
- CV application review – We will review it as quickly as possible and update on the next steps.
- Let's chat – Quick chat with one of our Co-Founders about your experience and expectations for the role.
- Coding skills test – The moment of truth: Show us what are you capable of!
- Final interview – Video call with our Co-Founders & our CTO to debrief your test and share the final details on the position.
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they are cultural, racial, religious, or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgement-free zone to speak freely.
If you like the sound of that, join us. We would love to hear what you have to say.